Third-Party Fundraising FAQ

How do I get my third party fundraising event proposal approved?

Please forward your proposals or questions to Sandy Grayson:

Can you provide me with some fundraising ideas?

Yes! Contact Sandy at:

What are Friends of Bowker Creek Society’s fundraising policies?

Please see the FoBC Third-Party Fundraising Events Policy here.

Can donors receive a tax receipt? –

Yes! Charitable tax receipts are currently  issued through Peninsula Streams Society:  Support Us – Peninsula Streams Society. Please indicate your donation is going towards Friends of Bowker Creek Society in the Dedication note field.

Can I get a tax receipt for event expenses?

Unfortunately not, all event expenses need to be covered through the event proceeds (eg. ticket sales and sponsorship). 

What are Friends of Bowker Creek logo guidelines?

Once you have completed the FoBC – Third Party Fundraising Agreement  and it has been approved, we would be pleased to send you the FoBC logo for use on your event materials.

Does Friends of Bowker Creek Society provide insurance?

No – event organizers are responsible for obtaining appropriate insurance coverage, licenses and other permits. 

Does Friends of Bowker Creek Society provide volunteers for my event?

No, event organizers need to arrange for their own staffing and volunteers. 

Does Friends of Bowker Creek Society help promote the event?

We are happy to share your event (post approval) on our social media! We do not provide mail lists or other contacts.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to working with you to make your event a success!