The Friends of Bowker Creek Society is grateful for the efforts of community members who undertake fundraising events to benefit the Society and its goals and is happy to assist by providing materials and answering questions.
- Guidelines for Third Party Fundraisers and Events:
- The Friends of Bowker Creek Society (FoBC) will not be held legally liable for any injury, damage, cost, or loss that may be suffered by any person or entity arising out of or in connection with the Third Party Fundraising Event.
- All Third Party Fundraising Event publicity materials, including: press releases, printed or electronic advertisements, invitations, brochures, and any other form of event collateral must be submitted to the Society for review and approval before they are made public. Up to two weeks is required prior to the event for approval.
- All Third Party Fundraising Event materials must make clear that the event is hosted by the Third Party Fundraising Event organizer as an individual or group. Materials may not state or imply that the event is a Society event.
- The Society prohibits the use of its name and logo in Third Party Fundraising Event material without express permission of an authorized member of the Society.
- Third Party Fundraising Event organizers choosing to take out formal advertising are responsible for the costs. All proposed advertising (copy and graphics) must be submitted to the Society for review and approval before it is made public.
- The Society must be informed in advance of any corporations or businesses that the Third Party Fundraising Event organizers plan to approach for sponsorship to help minimise overlap or impact regarding any existing Society fundraising activities.
- FoBC fund-raising partner – the Peninsula Streams and Shorelines Society, can issue a charitable tax receipt upon request in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency rules and regulations, until such time as the FoBC becomes a Registered Charity.
- The FoBC will not compensate any organizer for expenses or costs incurred.
- The FoBC will not guarantee volunteer or attendance at the Third Party Event.
- Ticketed Events, Auction and Sponsorship:
- Third Party Fundraising Event organizers are responsible for selling tickets, acquiring sponsorship and auction items for any community fundraising event. The FoBC is unable to assist with ticket sales, sponsorship, or auction items.
- Auction items may be solicited by the Third Party Fundraising Event organizers, however it should be made clear that items are being requested by the Third Party Fundraising Event organizers. The FoBC is happy to review the auction request letter.
- Event organizers and volunteers:
- Third Party Fundraising Event Organizers are responsible for recruiting, organizing, and overseeing volunteers and/or administrative and staffing needs. The Society may make a request to its internal pool of volunteers at the discretion of FoBC Board Members.
- Third Party Fundraising Event organizers are responsible for filing any necessary event permits and providing insurance coverage for their event. Third Party Fundraising Event organizers accept all liabilities incurred from their event.
A Third Party Fundraising Event is an event or initiative organized by a community member or group and is not an authorized Friends of Bowker Creek Society event.
Third Party Fundraising Event organizers are not authorized members of the Friends of Bowker Creek Society.